Tuesday, September 04, 2007

VOWS FROM THE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE CEREMONY

(FROM THE 1662 CHURCH OF ENGLAND BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER)
Marriage of M. to N.

Minister To Groom: M., Wilt thee have this Woman to thy wedded Wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thee love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?

[The Man shall answer,] I will.

Minister to Bride: N., Wilt thee have this Man to thy wedded Husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony?
Wilt thee obey him, and serve him, love, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?

[The Woman shall answer,] I will.

Groom: I M., take thee N., to my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse,
for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,
till death us do part,
according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I N. take thee M. to my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse,
for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part,

according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

Groom Giving The Ring: With this Ring I thee wed, with my Body I thee worship,
and with all my worldly goods I thee endow:
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen

五月在表姐的教堂式婚礼上,再一次听这一遍婚姻的誓词。

神父在他们宣誓前讲了好长一遍。一再的解释婚姻的神圣。

神父脸上带着沉重,带着对每一段婚姻的认真。

或许对某些人,这只是一场仪式。

宣誓是婚姻的一场仪式;婚姻是人生的一场仪式。

为了什么而结婚?很多人的答案叫人无奈。

离婚率高已视之为普遍,或许也不是人们的错吧。

但是你记不记得当时在神父及亲友面前念过的誓词?

1 comment:

紗蕾 said...

24/7/06

媽媽:XX要離婚!!
C : 感情好像真的是最不值得投資的。

即使我是沒把握。
或不知到會不會發生在自己身上。
但我還是會相信天長地久的愛情与婚姻。

Posted by: charlie | July 26, 2006 01:03 AM